bee happy * bee well * bee positive

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Blank mind? I am grateful.

    My mind seems to be blank this week and that is the point isn't it. Meditation is a practice to give your brain a break from the "noise" of everyday activity. A place of solitude and serenity that allows union with our true spirit and nature.
       The reason we have a daily practice of meditation is because those moments can be hard to access. During meditation as my mind wanders and chats on, I wonder, exasperated, if it is worth the effort, but I know it is, so I hang in there.
      When we take the time to meditate we are reinforcing our belief that there is something more to this life. We are participating in a personnel affirmation of our luminous connection to everything and everyone and we recharge our batteries.
       This is the aspect of meditation that has kept me at it all these years. Especially on the days when sitting feels like a swarm of buzzing gnats or a bed of nails.
       In the moment I notice the silence, when I suddenly know the answer to the question that has been hounding me, or I forget the pain...these are the rewards worth the struggle to let go of struggle.
        Meditation as a practice has been with us for a very long time, in many ancient and current cultures around the world. There is no right or wrong way to do it. All it takes is a bit of time and consistency.
        This week my mind is blank and my heart is full of gratitude. My diligence has paid off. Next week the noise may be back. Either way I will continue to meditate, grateful for it's blessing on my life.
          blissings, amberspiral

No comments:

Post a Comment